See What’s New Around SLUSD

Find out how SLUSD is changing

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past months, it’s very likely that you’ve noticed some changes around SLUSD. Like the new marquees outside the schools and new entries and drop-off areas. These new improvements, including our new quad and upcoming gymnasium, are all thanks to the people who voted for Measure N. 

Measure N is a $198M school facilities improvement bond measure which was passed in March of 2020 to improve and renovate the schools of SLUSD. Some of the major improvements that Measure N have brought are the new campus of Lincoln High School which include a new building next to the Adult School, new classroom, and multi-purpose rooms. These improvements are 95% complete. Bancroft Middles’ new drop off area, new shade structure, and the redesign of the school’s entry, which is all complete. As well as the new pick up and drop off area for McKinley Elementary, which is currently 95% complete.

Two of the biggest changes that Measure N has brought to our school has been our new quad and our new gymnasium. Did you know that our quad isn’t finished yet? The ‘SLHS Shade Structure Project’ is currently 50% completed. This would bring shade to the quad to protect students from harsh weather. This project is estimated to be complete in the fall of 2023. In regards to our new gymnasium, it is currently 40% complete and is expected to finish in the fall of 2024. The new gymnasium would be able to fit all of the our students, unlike our current gymnasium. It would also bring a lot more space for multiple Physical Education classes wanting to use the gymnasium.

But that’s not all. There’s still two projects that are left to be started. One of which is called ‘District Office (Redevelopment Agency Funded)’ which is expected to start December of 2023. The other project is called ‘Solar Project Phase I’ which is expected to start in September of 2023. The Solar Project will provide district wide solar panels and in the case for SLHS, they will be on top of the new gymnasium.